Monday, January 7, 2013

Inspiration: Selkie Tea



This tea happened before its name did. I wanted a tea that was good for vocalists, a tea that tasted and smelled good, and a tea that would be good hot or cold.
First things first, lots of ginger and then some lemon. I chose green tea as opposed to black, for the more calming and antioxidant properties of the tea.

After making the blend I had to choose a name, the name "Selkie" came about quite by accident. I didn't want to think about saltwater, or anything of that sort with a selkie. I found that I could really imagine them all having afternoon tea together with their seal skins draped across their laps, shoulders or tied about their waists. I knew they would keep them close while enjoying tea in the sun.

It's one of Nessa's personal favorites.

You can find this tea on etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment